Monday, May 13, 2019

At the studio

Studioview Nordic Art Centre
After some days I feel now very comfortable with my new studioplace and even painted much more than I thought.
An Artist in Residence is always a great chance to turn old proven things upside down. Mostly you have to restrict yourself in the material and can not take everything with you or buy locally. Just the transport limits what you can do.
I decided to work on paper and took colors with me I never used so much before: Watercolor paints and crayons, but also some vinylcolors and tiny acrylics.


Eggtempera








Usually I'm used to make my colors on my own with pigments and I even embroider the canvas.
I've taken some embroidery threads with me but I'm not sure if I will use it here.












Embroidery                                                        

Breaking your routine is a precious experience to focus on the essential of your art. It gives you the chance to deepen your art and find new ways to tell what you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment